Young Boy Tragically Dies After School Employee Fed Him A Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Thomas and Dina Silvera of New York City are mourning the death of their three-year-old son after a daycare employee reportedly fed him a grilled cheese sandwich. Elijah Silvera had a severe dairy allergy, which his parents say Seventh Avenue Center for Family Services in Manhattan knew about.

The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is investigating the situation and has closed the school for, “failing to follow its written safety plan and failing to adequately supervise a child.”

In a statement to PEOPLE, the department said:

There is nothing more important than the safety of our children and we are deeply saddened by this tragedy. We will get to the bottom of what happened here.

The school reportedly called the boy’s parents rather than 911, delaying emergency care.

H/T: People

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

home – Channel RSS